Friday, 27 November 2015

Inspired by Autumn colours

Hi, hope your day is going well...
I'm behind with everything at present - not helped by the fact we got a second Christmas tree this week and I am busy making Steampunk decorations for it...  mammoth job ha ha :(
I'm linking this today to Art Journal Journey where the theme this month is 'Inspired by Autumn colours' 
Check out the fabulous work on AJJ  for more on this theme.
As I was a bit short of time this is just a digital piece of art...
I used some digital elements and papers: 'Autumn Delight' by ML Designs,
'Tenacious' by Algera Designs and some clip art.

Algera Designs
thanks for stopping by today
Gill x

Thursday, 5 November 2015

The Colours of Autumn

Isn't it frustrating when all you want to do is make art or do something crafty but other things get in the way and stop you...
so a big phew! for at last I have had time to create something....  linking today to Art Journal Journey where the theme for this month is 'Inspired by Autumn colours'.

A digital piece .......
Blended together photo of trees, some photos of a Gelli print* and scrap paper which had paint on
from brayer but looked interesting to use.
Added digital elements and papers I had already made a couple of years ago.
(The Dragonfly has a cinnamon stick for its body and think the leaves are Bay leaves) 
(* my first attempt at gelli plate printing was bit of a disaster,
next time I hope to do better and not be so nervous of ruining plate and brayer)

Close up of words
The fun thing with digital art is you can have the original
and just keep altering it and getting more from it.
So I altered the first piece to make it a bit more grungy
and I used the Gelli print on top layer and duplicated
it a couple of times and also altered the blend mode on one of the papers
 which also made it slightly darker too..
Thanks so much for stopping by
Gill x

Sunday, 18 October 2015

ARCHITECTURE the Art of using space

Hi... hope your weekend is going well.
Linking today another piece to Art Journal Journey challenge where the theme this month is 'architecture' and there's loads of amazing inspiration to see.

This digitally created piece is incorporating my own Steampunk lady artwork (soft pastels) I've used before and a photo of helter skelter on a local pier. Tried to make it look like the helter skelter was emerging from her hat. The soft coloured patterned background is digital too which I made a couple of years ago. The remainder is clipart/tubes type of thing. All digitally blended together.

Thank you so much for visiting today
Have a great day
Gill x

Sunday, 11 October 2015

ARCHITECTURE create your future

Happy Sunday - I have one eye on my computer and the other one watching Formula 1 Grand Prix on TV - lots of racing action so I hope I blog this correctly.
This is another digital piece using my real artwork from the other day and linking to Art Journal Journey where the theme is architecture.

Using Craft Artist software I duplicated my original artwork, did some digital blending and also used some of Moon photos from recently. I love the photo that went wrong at top left, somehow I got a reflection that made it look like two planets.
Hope you are having a lovely Sunday
Thanks for stopping by
Gill x

Monday, 5 October 2015


Good afternoon, times flown today and I'm late blogging but here is my digital piece for  Art Journal Journey Architecture theme

I used a photo of brickwork from my conservatory and blended it over the background.
The postage stamps and everything else I made (other than the font) the clocks on the building are photos of my husbands watch.

thanks so much for stopping by
Gill x

Monday, 28 September 2015

SUPERMOON through my window

Did you see the moon last night?
This is what  I saw last night 'through my window' - and that's the theme over at Art Journal Journey where I'm linking to today. 
The challenge is still open for a couple more days.
Its a digital piece using a photo from last night and a poem I wrote a number of years ago.
This was Sunday night
this was about 4.40am this morning
Both photos taken through my window, I'd intended to go out in the garden but I was too lazy and it was too dark  ha ha.
Thank you so much for stopping by
have a lovely day
Gill xx

Thursday, 17 September 2015

Work In Progress

Hellooooo...... I've been playing with another drawing (although at time unfinished but needed a break from the pastel dust) so went and made a digital page with it.... (little voice inside is saying 'housework, housework' ....nahhh.. not now )
So I copied the image and using the usual software I use (Craft Artist) altered transparency on one layer and added some colour burn too.
Then added some more digital Steampunk elements which I designed some time back and then added some quotes/words art.

Ok so the sun is shining and I really am going to do some housework and gardening so will catch up with you later ..

Have a lovely day and thanks so much for stopping by

Gill x