Saturday 13 May 2017

STYLE IS ETERNAL for AJJ and headgear for MM&M

Hello
Hope you've had a good week and looking forward to the weekend.

This is todays page for AJJ 'Elegance and Grunge' theme  
A little grunge and some elegance too - this page has an Aquamarker background - the sort where I scribbled/doodled the markers on a piece of cellophane and spritz with water or breathed on it and then press that down onto the paper to transfer the ink. 
I then muted the colour down in places with some white gesso.
The mannequin, quotes and chandelier stamps by 'Kanban' ( I think). I stamped the mannequin on tissue paper and coloured with Inktense pencils. Other messy/grungy stamps that I used are by Crafter Companion and a set from The works.


 
I made a 'Moo' for MM&M where the theme is 'headgear'. I used some small stamps from an old set of 'Hats and Gloves' by Hero Arts. I always find it challenging (but fun)to work on such a small size - and it makes good use of some little stamps that sometimes get over looked. I used Prima water soluble crayons on b/g and the other colour is pencils and white Posca pen.
  
Thanks for stopping by
Have a great weekend..
Gill x 

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous journal page and love that little moo, always good to use things that are hiding on the shelves! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. a romantic piece for AJJ and I adore this charming Moo! Have to pin it to our MM&M Gallery on Pinterest!
    Thank you for joining Moo Mania & More Gill!
    Hope your weekend is nice so far- here it's a bit grey and rain will come for sure... not as nice as we wished for tomorrow as we celebrate Mother's Day here in Austria and my family wants to make a BBQ for me on the porch. We will see....

    Happy weekend!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a beautiful dress and so elegant, you added great quotes as well to your fabulous page.
    I loved the tiny images on the Moo. I think we all have such stamps lurking and waiting to get used.
    Have a good weekend.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is elegant. :) Love this new page Gill. And glad you have gone back to the steampunk themed blog header because you do steampunk so well!!!! Have a fantastic weekend Gill. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and elegant. I love the teeny tiny hats and gloves piece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep forgetting to comment on your wonderful header that makes me smile every day

    What a great way to create a background and I have those stamps somewhere as well but not a clue who made them. A great page again

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Gill, love the muted elegance of the background too :)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic Journal page and a gorgeous Moo

    Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Gill you are at it again, turning out amazing pieces of art. The first one with the grunge and then the elegance is just stunning I love how you have stamped and coloured on tissue paper. You will be pleased to hear I have some that I can colour on now.
    As for your tiny head wear I think I would struggle to find anything in my stash, love what you have done on such a small scale. xxxxx Ria

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your Journal page! Your Moo is a little masterpiece too! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT MODERATION SWITCHED ON but I really do appreciate and thank you for any comments that you choose to leave. And PLEASE NOTE, to comply with new EU regulations starting 25th May 2018... please note that when you leave a comment on my blog that your name and blog link are visible to anybody who visit here.