I'm linking to TIOT for the fab Steampunk/Mechanical theme and hope this piece is acceptable. Not clockwork but I thought the wind-up mechanism was the the nearest thing to being almost steampunk.
The black rubber looking surface of one of our wind up lantern torches went very tacky and horrible to touch like it was disintegrating. We weren't using it, so I had nothing to loose and gessoed over it - and when it dried it was a much nicer surface.
Then I mod-podged some dictionary papers over that (the lower part of porch) and painted. Added some painted foam die cut cogs and hands.
The top was also black but I mixed up some glass bead medium with some paint for texture and painted that and added my painted silk flower. I didn't overdo the decoration as this still has to be usable and not have things get in the way when winding it up.
The photos aren't very good because the light has been bad with the rainy days we have had this week.
First play with some new stash including some more TH distress oxide ink pads and a set of stamps called 'Katrina' designed by the lovely Donna from Inky and Quirky Designs.
I needed to add to my cards supply so made a couple of quickish and simple cards.
The first card has some paper piecing, the cutting out is hard on my hands but I love the results. Used the oxides on the background, coloured Katrina with Neocolor 2's. Unfortunately the photo isn't showing the iridescent glitter glue I added to the circles on her hair and skirt or on the hanging heart. The sentiments used are rub ons.
There are some lovely quirky fish in this set which is on my list to play with next :)
A big old Cactus is starting to flower again - hopefully it will have more than just the one flower which when it opens always seem to be around midnight and doesn't last more than a day or so. It was almost 15 years before it flowered for the first time.
I mentioned using shrink plastic the other day but I will post that piece another day.
Thanks for stopping by